The Document Foundation has announced that the final version for LibreOffice 4.1.0 RC1 is now available for the Linux platform, bringing a lot of bug fixes and improvements.According to The Document Foundation, starting with version 4.0.0, the LibreOffice installer files have a new naming scheme.
Highlights of LibreOffice 4.1.0 RC1:
• The DOCX documents no longer crash the Writer when using the internal OOXML filter;
• The Taskbar launchers for LibreOffice applications are no longer pointing to "office.bin";
• The correct sizes are now used for EMF+ bitmap rendering;
• Various issues with DOCX documents have been fixed;
• A failure to read correct border info from OOXM has been fixed.
Check out the official changelog for a complete list of updates and new features.
Download LibreOffice 4.1.0 RC1 for Windows
Download LibreOffice 4.1.0 RC1 for Linux
Download LibreOffice 4.1.0 RC1 for Mac OS X
Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.