The Document Foundation has announced that the first Release Candidate version for LibreOffice 4.0.0 is now available for the Linux platform, bringing a lot of bugfixes and improvements.Highlights of LibreOffice 4.0.0 RC1:
• The DOCX import of last empty header/footer para char props has been fixed;
• Changing the zoom in Writer no longer makes the display jump to the wrong page;
• The broken layout of the RTF document has been fixed;
• Shortcut names are now localized on Linux;
• A crash which occurred during opening of xlsx document has been repaired.
Check out the official changelog for a complete list of updates and new features.
Download LibreOffice 4.0.0 RC1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.