The Document Foundation has announced that the first alpha version for LibreOffice 4.0.0 is now available for the Linux platform, bringing a lot of bugfixes and improvements.Highlights of LibreOffice 4.0.0 Alpha 1:
• Attaching comments to document text ranges has been enabled;
• Extra word boundary characters are now allowed;
• Ink annotations from DOCX and RTF documents have been imported;
• Import / export support for native RTF math expressions has been added;
• RTF filter now imports old Drawing Objects syntax;
• Various DOCX improvements have been implemented.
Check out the official changelog for a complete list of updates and new features.
Download LibreOffice 4.0.0 Alpha 1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.