The game has received a steady stream of fixes and improvements
Left 4 Dead 2 has been released by Valve, along with Portal, on Steam for Linux and the game has already received an update.Left 4 Dead 2 is an FPS zombie-killing cooperative game, developed by Valve with millions of fans all over the world.
Highlights of the latest Left 4 Dead 2 patch:
• A possible insta-kill situation, that occurred when shoving a jockey who is mid-leap, has been fixed;
• The Cold Stream image has been fixed in the Campaign select menu;
• Ammo piles have been removed in Gib Fest Mutation;
• More commands have been added, including ent.GetEntityIndex, ent.EyePosition, ent.GiveItem [Give an item/weapon by name. ("health," "katana," "rifle_ak47," etc.)], and ent.GetButtonMask;
• The recognized buttons are the following: IN_ATTACK, IN_ATTACK2, IN_JUMP, IN_DUCK, IN_FORWARD, IN_BACK, IN_USE, IN_MOVELEFT, IN_MOVERIGHT, and IN_RELOAD.
More details about this release can be found in the official announcement.