Nootka, an open-source application that can be used to learn and teach classical score notation, is now at version 0.8.77 Beta.
Nootka is mostly used by guitarists, but it can also be used for ear training. It has numerous features to personalize the user's needs and capabilities, natural sounds of classical guitar, accurate pitch detection method, and many others.
Highlights of Nootka 0.8.77 Beta:
• The intonation view of the played sound has been added;
• The application can now check for new versions;
• The reaction on detected pitch has been improved;
• The audio layer has been ported to RtAudio;
• Support has been added for PulseAudio & JACK.
More details about this release are available in the official announcement.
Download Nootka 0.8.77 Beta right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.