Canonical, Jonathan Riddell, announced the immediate availability for download and testing of the second Alpha release for the upcoming Kubuntu 13.04 operating system.Canonical has decided that the Ubuntu 13.04 release will have a limited number of milestone versions, but other distributions from this family have decided to remain on the same schedule, Kubuntu 13.04 included.
Highlights of Kubuntu 13.04 Alpha 2:
• KDE Plasma and Applications 4.10 has been integrated in this release;
• Kubuntu should now be able to support UEFI Secure Boot;
• The Alpha 2 Raring Ringtail snapshot includes a the 3.8.0-6.11 Ubuntu Linux kernel which is based on the the upstream v3.8-rc6 Linux kernel;
• OpenJDK7 is the default Java implementation;
• Initial support for ARM multiplatform support for TI omap3/4 and Freescale imx6 has been added.
Check out the official announcement for a complete list of changes and improvements.
Download Kubuntu 13.04 Alpha 2 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.