The developers introduced a new display engine for the Dolphin file manager
Following the release of Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS (Precise Pangolin), the Kubuntu team has just announced that its KDE-based Ubuntu OS, Kubuntu, has also reached version 12.04.2.Kubuntu 12.04.2 LTS (Long Term Support) introduces KDE SC 4.8.4 desktop environment, which brings a number of minor fixes and updates.
Highlights of Kubuntu 12.04.2 LTS:
• The power management configuration interface has been redesigned, and is now multi-screen aware, which means that settings can be customized for each Activity;
• KDE's window manager has significant performance improvements and the Window Switcher now has a choice of 6 layouts, providing a better experience for those not using desktop effects;
• A new Plasma panel option, Icon Tasks, provides an alternative icon-only taskbar;
• File manager Dolphin has a new display engine which greatly speeds up file browsing;
• KDE's document viewer, brings advanced text selection features;
• The distro comes with a newer 3.5.0-23.35 Ubuntu kernel from Quantal, and a matching X.org stack.
Check out the official announcement for a complete list of changes and improvements.
Download Kubuntu 12.04.2 LTS and right now from Softpedia.