It also features LibreOffice 4.0.4 and the latest Thunderbird package
Vine Linux, a distribution with a highly customized Japanese environment in which a lot of applications support Kanji-Strings, is now at version 6.2 Beta 1.Even if the announcement has been posted in Japanese, we can still discern a few of the changes and updates in the new distribution.
Highlights of Vine Linux 6.2 Beta 1:
• Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.4.56;
• Mozilla Firefox has been updated to version 23.0;
• Mozilla Thunderbird has been updated to version 17.0.8;
• The latest LibreOffice 4.0.4 package has been integrated;
• Sylpheed has been updated to version 3.3.0.
More details about the changes and updates can be found in the official announcement. Download Vine Linux 6.2 Beta 1 right now from Softpedia.
Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.