Vine Linux, a distribution with a highly customized Japanese environment in which a lot of applications support Kanji-Strings, is now at version 6.2.1.
Even though the announcement was posted in Japanese, we can still discern a few of the changes and updates in the new distribution. This is mostly a maintenance release, but the Linux kernel fixes really make this new version a must-have update.
Highlights of Vine Linux 6.2.1:
• A number of installer fixes have been implemented;
• The Linux kernel used in the installer for the i686 version was old and has been replaced;
• A problem with initrd generation that occurred when the floppy driver was loaded has been fixed;
• A number of packages have been updated;
• LibreOffice has been updated to versions 4.1.3;
• The flash-plugin has been updated.