Intel X.Org Driver package, an open source 2D graphics driver for the X Window System as implemented by X.org, has reached version 3.0 Pre-Release 8.Chris Wilson has released yet another version of xf86-video-intel drivers, which features some interesting changes, as usual.
Highlights of Intel X.Org Driver 3.0 Pre-Release 8:
• Consistently treat DPMS Suspend/Standy as Off, otherwise we may incorrectly restore the backlight in UXA;
• An invalid free has been prevented by TearFree;
• Nullify the old pointer into a CPU mmapping of the bo when promoting it on the GPU;
• Do not ignore CPU damage on a pixmap unless the Composite operation will completely overwrite it;
• The rendering of dashed zero-width lines onto 24bit buffers has been fixed.
A complete list of changes and improvements can be found in the source archive. Download Intel X.Org Driver 3.0 Pre-Release 8 right now from Softpedia.
Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.