XAMPP for Linux, a tool that will help every day users to easily install the Apache distribution containing MySQL, PHP, and Perl, is now at version 1.8.2.
XAMPP for Linux used to be called LAMPP, but the developers have chosen to change its name in order to prevent any confusions.
Highlights of XAMPP for Linux 1.8.2:
• Apache has been updated to version 2.4.4;
• MySQL has been updated to version 5.5.31;
• PHP has been updated to version 5.4.16;
• Perl has been updated to version 5.16.3;
• phpMyAdmin has been updated to version 4.0.4.
The installation of XAMPP for Linux is very easy and anyone should be able to do it. After the installation is complete, just open a new tab in your browser and enter the following address:
More details about the updated packages can be found in the official changelog.
Download XAMPP for Linux 1.8.2 right now from Softpedia.