Michael Tremer, developer for the ipfire.org team, has announced IPFire 2.11 Core 64, a new stable release of the popular Linux-based firewall distribution.
Unlike previous versions of IPFire, which brought substantial changes, this latest release, IPFire 2.11 Core 64, only brings a few fixes and updates;
Highlights of IPFire 2.11 Core 64:
• The Intrusion Detection program snort has been updated to version 220.127.116.11;
• The daq library has been updated to version 1.1.1;
• The broken MAC rules have been fixed for the outgoing firewall;
• The path to the delete icon has been fixed, as reported by Jörn-Ingo Weigert;
• pakfire can now use the XZ compression algorithm for the package payload.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download IPFire 2.11 Core 64 right now from Softpedia.