Dovecot, an open source IMAP and POP3 email server for Linux/UNIX-like systems, written with security primarily in mind, is now at version 2.2 Beta 1.Highlights of Dovecot 2.2 Beta 1:
• When creating home directories, the permissions are copied from the parent directory if it has setgid-bit set;
• "doveadm auth" command was renamed to "doveadm auth test";
• ID command now advertises server name as Dovecot by default;
• dovecot.index.cache files can be safely accessed only by v2.1.11+;
• IMAP MOVE and BINARY extensions have been implemented;
• IMAP NOTIFY extension has been implemented.
Check out the complete changelog for a complete list of fixes.
Download Dovecot 2.2 Beta 1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.