After launching the original Half-Life and Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta on Steam for Linux, Valve has now started to push updates for the two games.Both games are pretty stable, especially after so many updates over the years, but it seems that the version for the Linux platform will need some further improvements.
Here are some highlights for the new Half-Life update (it also applies to Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta):
• Don't create the SAVE/ folder on disk unless needed by a game;
• Fixed extra temporary files from the save process which were not being cleared up;
• Fixed empty chat messages bug;
• Fixed using backspace when using “say” or “say_team” command with non-latin characters;
• Fixed mouse offset when running in fullscreen software mode;
• Fixed copying text from the game console not getting the last couple of characters, when doing multiple lines.
More details about Half-Life and can be found on the official Steam website.