Half-Life 2 is a first-person shooter developed by Valve that was released back in 2004 and it has recently been ported on the Linux platform. The patches have started to arrive.Porting a complex title such as Half-Life 2 is a very difficult task and the developers have to release a lot of updates until the game exits the Beta stages.
Highlights of the latest Half-Life 2 update:
• The Russian audio localization has been improved;
• A crash that occurred under Linux when playing the Episode 2 teaser at the end of Episode 1 has been fixed;
• The gates in d2_coast_03 is now opening if a stray piece of debris is behind them;
• A missing texture in the Judith Mossman transmission in ep1_citadel_03 has been fixed;
• A crash that occurred when using a custom HUD settings under Linux has been fixed.
More details about this update can be found in the official announcement.
This might break any save games that were made DURING the beta, if you get an error on load of a save, then you will need to manually restart that map, the command to type is shown in the console.