The Debian 6.0.6 distribution hasn't been forgotten by the developers
Hewlett-Packard Linux Imaging and Printing, an HP-developed solution for printing, scanning, and faxing with HP inkjet and laser-based printers in Linux, is now at version 3.12.11.Highlights of HP Linux Imaging and Printing 3.12.11:
• RHEL5 is now supported with hpcups;
• Support for multiple HP LaserJet printers has been implemented;
• Ubuntu 12.10 and Debian 6.0.6 are now officially supported;
• A delay in the status display on USB connections, for certain classes of devices, has been fixed;
• The Secure Printing feature for HP LaserJet P3010 Series has been repaired;
• Job storage support with postscript finishing filter has been implemented;
• HP Setup crashes with ValueError have been repaired.
A complete list of changes and new supported printers can be found in the official announcement.
Download HP Linux Imaging and Printing 3.12.11 right now from Softpedia.