A new Puppy has been launched, and this time is based on Ubuntu 13.04
Raring Puppy 5.7 Alpha 1, a distribution built from Ubuntu Raring Ringtail 13.04, alongside the binary DEB packages, providing full compatibility with Ubuntu and access to the vast Ubuntu package repository has been released.Raring Puppy 5.7 Alpha 1 is also based on Linux kernel 3.9.5 and comes with PAE support.
Highlights of Raring Puppy 5.7 Alpha 1:
• Login and Security Manager (System menu) has been implemented;
• The speed of SeaMonkey has been improved;
• pup_event_frontend_d, the daemon that manages desktop drive icons (amongst other things), has been improved;
• JWM 784, Psync fixed, and BaCon 2.1.7 have been implemented;
• Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.9.5;
• udev has replaced eudev.
A complete list of changes are available in the official announcement.
Download Raring Puppy 5.7 Alpha 1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.