GnuAccounting, an open-source java accounting application that integrates OpenOffice, Apache Derby and HBCI/FinTS to create and manage invoices, credit memos, delivery notes, bills, and more, is now at version 0.8.2 Beta.
Highlights of GnuAccounting 0.8.2:
• Deleted bookings vanish only from accountingEditWindow after software is restarted;
• The closed cash accounts have been removed;
• Bank Account Import can now import to other bank accounts (e.g. 1201 instead of 1200);
• Account reconciliation now has a daily balance;
• Document manager now supports multiple scanners;
• Document import now auto-recognizes document numbers from filenames.
Check out the official announcement for a complete list of changes and new features.
Download GnuAccounting 0.8.2 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.