The latest version of Git can be downloaded from Softpedia
Git, a free and open source distributed version control system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency, is now at version 1.8.5.Git 1.8.5 continues the trend of large releases, just like the stable branch, and the developers are pushing many updates with each new version.
Highlights of Git 1.8.5:
• xdg-open can be used as a browser backend for “git web-browse”;
• The HTTP transport will now try to use TCP keepalive when it's able;
• “git repack” is now written in C;
• The build procedure for MSVC has been updated;
• Various documentation updates and code clean-ups have been implemented;
• The interaction between the use of Perl in our test suite and NO_PERL has been clarified.
For a complete list of changes, check out the changelog. Download Git 1.8.5 right now from Softpedia.