GhostBSD 3.5, a FreeBSD-based operating system that relies on Xfce desktop environments, is now ready for testing.
GhostBSD 3.5 Beta 1 provides users and developers with a system to test out new features in the upcoming release.
Highlights of GhostBSD 3.5 Beta 1:
• The distribution is based on FreeBSD 9.2;
• Gnome2 has been replaced by Mate 1.6;
• Xfce 4.10 has been implemented;
• GTP disk scheme is now supported by the installer;
• Gimp and gTumb have been added;
• Evolution has been replaced by Mozilla Thunderbird;
• LibreOffice has been replaced by Apache OpenOffice.
Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.