GhostBSD, a FreeBSD-based operating system that relies on GNOME, LXDE and Openbox desktop environments, is now at version 3.0.
GhostBSD 3.0 includes a lot of new features and enhancements, such as an improved system installer, Openbox window manager, and more.
Highlights of GhostBSD 3.0:
• Openbox window manager is now fully supported;
• Improvements for the auto configuration wireless networking script have been implemented;
• Auto configuration of Xorg is now possible;
• Nvidia drivers have been added by default;
• 3D acceleration is now supported on some Intel graphics cards;
• Numerous bug-fixes have been added to the GhostBSD related utilities;
• Openbox and Lxde AMD64 ISO only fit on DVD;
• New Intel GPU driver with GEM/KMS support has been made available;
• ZFS improvements from the illumos project have been implemented;
• Kernel support has been added for the AVX FPU extension.