GhostBSD, a FreeBSD-based operating system based on GNOME desktop environments, is now at version 3.0 Beta 1.GhostBSD 3.0 Beta 1 is based on GNOME 2, but the developers have promised that a GNOME 3 version will be available later.
Highlights of GhostBSD 3.0 Beta 1:
• FreeBSD 9.0 r3 has been updated to FreeBSD 9.1-BETA 1;
• A new look, more clean and clear, has been implemented;
• Support for ZFS has been added;
• Support for UFS-SU+J on ZFS has been added;
• Improvements to Wi-Fi have been implemented;
• A major installer bug has been fixed;
• The Rhythmbox tray icon has been fixed.
Download GhostBSD 3.0 Beta 1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.