gedit, the official text editor of the GNOME desktop environment is moving along with the rest of the Gnome packages and has reached version 3.7.4.gedit 3.7.4 provides full support for internationalized text, configurable syntax highlighting for various languages (C, C++, Java, HTML, XML, Python, Perl and many others), support for editing files from remote locations, print preview support, auto indentation, and much more.
Highlights of gedit 3.7.4:
• Use revealer to animate the search bar and the notification bars;
• Several fixes have been implemented for snippets;
• The docs have received various improvements;
• An application menu has been implemented.
• Miscellaneous bugfixes have been added.
Check the official changelog for more details about this release.
Download gedit 3.7.4 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.