GStreamer, a development framework for creating applications such as media players, video editors, and so on, has finally reached version 1.2.1.The GStreamer project has announced that a new API and ABI-stable 1.x series, which makes up the GStreamer multimedia framework, has been released.
As expected, even if it's just a maintenance version, it still packs quite a few fixes and changes, just like the previous releases.
Highlights of GStreamer 1.2.1:
• An MPEG 2 AAC description has been added;
• An entry for text/x-raw has been implemented;
• Hangs that have been occurring on startup, while getting the PulseAudio volume, have been corrected;
• Video captured by iPad can now play in push mode;
• The dependency on egl has been made optional.
A complete list of architectural changes, new features, and updates can be found in the official changelog. Download GStreamer 1.2.1 right now from Softpedia.