GStreamer, a development framework for creating applications such as media players, video editors, and so on, has finally reached version 1.0.8.The GStreamer project has announced that a new API and ABI-stable 1.x series, which makes up the GStreamer multimedia framework, has been released.
Highlights of GStreamer 1.0.8:
• The position reporting (without clock) has been improved;
• A caps leak in typefind/decodebin/playbin has been corrected;
• Various gobject-introspection fixes for bindings have been implemented;
• The gst_structure_is_subset is no longer providing a false positive;
• Backward seeking now works with mp3 files;
• A few missing allow-none annotations have been corrected;
• Better support for static plugins has been implemented;
• A size/index handling bug that occurred when merging memory has been fixed.
A complete list of architectural changes, new features, and updates can be found in the official changelog, inside the archive.
Download Gstreamer 1.0.8 right now from Softpedia.