Automake, a tool for automatically generating Makefile.in files compliance with the GNU Coding Standards, is now at version 1.13.Highlights of Automake 1.13:
• The byte compilation of '.el' files into '.elc' files is now done with a suffix rule;
• Elisp files placed in a subdirectory are now byte-compiled to '.elc' files in the same subdirectory;
• The parallel testsuite harness (previously only enabled by the 'parallel-tests' option) is now the default one;
• Support for silent rules is now always active in Automake-generated Makefiles;
• The 'missing' script no longer tries to update the timestamp of out-of-date files that require a maintainer-specific tool to be remade;
• Support for pre-8.0 versions of the Intel C Compiler has been dropped.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download Automake 1.13 right now from Softpedia.