The latest version of the Cheese app can be found on Softpedia
Cheese, a Photobooth-inspired GNOME application for taking pictures and videos from a webcam that also includes graphical effects based on the gstreamer-backend, is now at version 3.9.1.Cheese 3.9.1 can be used to take photos and videos, and it's based on GNOME 3.0, GStreamer, Clutter, and GNOME Video Effects.
Highlights of Cheese 3.9.1:
• UI string has been fixed in the avatar chooser test;
• A Vala warning about copying delegates is now avoided;
• "autocluttersink" is now used instead of "cluttersink";
• clutter_actor_set_background_color is now used instead of the deprecated cltuter_stage_set_color;
• ClutterActor is now used instead of ClutterRectangle;
• ClutterActor is now used instead of ClutterBox.
A complete list of changes can be found in the official announcement.
Download Cheese 3.9.1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.