GNOME Shell, a user interface that provides functions for the GNOME 3 desktop environment, has just received a new update and it's now at version 3.8 Beta 2.GNOME Shell 3.8 Beta 2 has been released in the branch that will eventually become GNOME Shell 3.8 and it does pack quite a lot of new features.
Highlights of GNOME Shell 3.8 Beta 2:
• Fade out controls during DND that are not targets;
• The login screen to session transition has been improved;
• Tweak thresholds of pressure barrier;
• Expose key grab DBus API to gnome-settings-daemon;
• Don't always show message tray in overview;
A changelog featuring a complete list of updates and improvements can be found in the official announcement.
Download GNOME Shell 3.8 Beta 2 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.