The GNOME Projects announced a few days ago that the first maintenance release of the GNOME Settings Daemon 3.8 package is now available for download, ready for the GNOME 3.8.1 desktop upgrade.
Highlights of GNOME Settings Daemon 3.8.1:
• The active state is no longer changed when the app runs in a virtual machine;
• Improved compilation support for non-Linux operating systems;
• Repaired some issues with older versions of X.Org;
• The race condition with GNOME-Shell on startup has been fixed;
• Broken startup notifications have been fixed;
• Fixed a crash when changing the volume;
• Fixed an appearance crash with the shell;
• Outstanding D-Bus operations are now canceled when stopping the app;
• XKB group is now enforced when the layout is changed;
• The XKB US layout is now added in GDM (GNOME Display Manager) if empty configurations are detected;
• Two-finger scrolling is now enabled by default;
• Repaired deprecation compile-time warnings.
Download GNOME Settings Daemon 3.8.1 right now from Softpedia.