A lot of functional adjustments have been made in this version
The GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program), an application that can be used as a simple paint program or as an expert quality photo retouching program, is now at version 2.8.6.Gimp 2.8.6 arrives on Linux after a long development hiatus and, as expected, there are quite a few changes.
Highlights of GIMP 2.8.6:
• Saving to URIs is now possible;
• The brush spacing for drawing in any direction has been fixed;
• The maximum size of clipboard brushes and patterns has been increased to 1024x1024;
• The single-window docks can’t shrink smaller than their requisition;
• The application no longer crashes when dealing with unavailable fonts;
• Clicking the single-window's close button will now close Gimp;
• Default "Color from Gradient" dynamics and tool preset have been added.
The official changelog contains a complete list of new features and improvements.
Download GIMP 2.8.6 right now from Softpedia.