The GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program), an application that can be used as a simple paint program or as an expert quality photo retouching program, is now at version 2.8.4.Gimp 2.8.4 arrives on Linux after a long development hiatus and, as expected, there are quite a few changes.
Highlight of GIMP 2.8.4:
• Better names for the default filters in save and export;
• Make tool drawing (esp. the brush outline) much more responsive;
• Remember the "maximized" state across sessions;
• Simplify the splash image code a lot, makes it appear immediately again;
• The text tool can now start on an image without layers;
• Better default values in the Drop Shadow script.
• Various bug fixes have been implemented.
The official changelog contains a complete list of new features and improvements.
Download GIMP 2.8.4 right now from Softpedia.