A few fixes and some general changes have been implemented
The GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program), an application which can be used as a simple paint program or as an expert quality photo retouching program, is now at version 2.7.4.There are several changes in GIMP 2.8.0 RC1 (a release in the unstable branch) and some new dependencies.
Highlight of GIMP 2.8.0 RC1:
· Added in-house GimpOperationBrightnessContrast, because the GEGL one is different;
· Some GFig rendering issues have been fixed;
· Depends on Babl 0.1.10, GEGL 0.2.0 and some other new library versions;
· Depends on ATK 2.2.0, GTK+ 2.24.10, GdkPixbuf 2.24.1;
· Numerous bug fixes;
· Translation updates have been implemented.
Download GIMP 2.8.0 RC1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is an alpha release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.
Follow us on Google+