GCC, the GNU Compiler Collection that includes frontends for C, C++, Fortran, Objective-C, Java, Ada, and Go, has just reached version 4.8.1.
Highlights of GCC 4.8.1:
• The BACKTRACE intrinsic subroutine has been added;
• The -Wc-binding-type warning option has been added and can be used to warn the user is a variable might not be C interoperable;
• The -Wrealloc-lhs and -Wrealloc-lhs-all warning command-line options have been added;
• Support has been added for unlimited polymorphic variables (CLASS(*));
• A preliminary version of the Go 1.1 release has been implemented;
• Support has been added for Arch64, the new 64-bit architecture from ARM;
• Cortex-A7 and Cortex-A15 CPUs support has been implemented;
• The -fstack-usage command-line option is now supported.
A complete version of the changelog can be found in the official announcement.
Download GCC 4.8.1 right now from Softpedia.