Frugalware, a general purpose Linux operating system designed for intermediate users (who are not afraid of text mode), has reached version 1.9 and is now available for download.
Frugalware 1.9 has been dubbed Arcturus and it's been in the works for eight months. The final version has arrived after a flurry of development releases.
Highlights of Frugalware 1.9 (Arcturus):
• Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.10.17;
• XOrg server has been updated to version 1.14.2;
• The distribution is now based on GNOME 3.8 or KDE 4.11;
• LibreOffice has been updated to version 184.108.40.206;
• netconfig has been replaced by NetworkManager;
• frugalwareutils has been replaced by the new fvbeutils;
• Firefox has been upgraded to version 22.