The final version of this distribution is just around the corner
Frugalware, a general purpose Linux operating system designed for intermediate users (who are not afraid of text mode), has reached version 1.8 RC2 and is now available for testing.Frugalware 1.8 RC2 has been dubbed Cinna and is the third version in this new development branch.
Highlights of Frugalware 1.8 RC2:
• Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.7.3;
• Autotools macros have been repaired;
• Wine (wine is not an emulator) has been updated to version 1.4.1-3;
• PlayonLinux has been updated to version 4.1.9;
• Transmission has been updated to version 2.76.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download Frugalware 1.8 RC2 (Cinna) right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.