First Release Candidate of Frugalware 1.7, a general purpose Linux operating system designed for intermediate users (who are not afraid of text mode), is now available for testing.As usual, there are quite a few differences from the previous version, such as:
· Linux kernel 3.4.4;
· KDE SC 4.8.4;
· GCC 4.7.1;
· GRUB2 bash completion has been fixed;
· Installer now supports Btrfs as an experimental feature;
· Installer now supports JFS;
· grubconfig can now install itself to RAID1 mdadm and raw drives with a single option;
· Some files that conflicted with QEMU have been removed;
· Disk-stats build & runtime errors have been fixed.
A complete changelog is available here.
Download Frugalware 1.7 RC1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.