Frugalware, a general purpose Linux operating system designed for intermediate users (who are not afraid of text mode), is now at version 1.7 Pre2.Frugalware 1.7 Pre2, codenamed Gaia, it's the second technical preview in the 1.7 branch. As usual, there are quite a few differences from the previous version, such as:
· Linux kernel 3.4.0;
· KDE SC was updated to vesion 4.8.2;
· GCC was updated to version 4.7.0;
· GNOME was updated to version 3.4.2;
· XFCE was updated to version 4.1.0;
· GRUB1 was replaced by GRUB2;
· Mozilla Firefox 12, Mozilla Thunderbird 12, and GIMP 2.8 were added;
· LightDM has replaced SLiM as default display manager for XFCE;
· A new default wallpaper was added.
A complete changelog is available here.
Download Frugalware 1.7 Pre2 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.
Follow us on Google+