Frugalware, a general purpose Linux operating system designed for intermediate users (who are not afraid of text mode), is now at version 1.7.As usual, there are quite a few differences from the previous version, such as:
· Linux kernel was updated to version 3.4.8;
· XOrg Server was updated to version 1.12.3;
· KDE SC was updated to version 4.9;
· GNOME was updated to version 3.4;
· LibreOffice was updated to version 184.108.40.206;
· Mozilla Firefox was updated to version 14.0.1;
· slocate was removed and replaced by mlocate;
· Support for ATI Radeon HD hardware before the 5000 series is now longer available;
· cpupower package has replaced all CPU scaling daemons;
· GRUB 2 has replaced GRUB 1;
· Localtime should work properly now.
A complete changelog is available and it can be found in the official announcement.
Download Frugalware 1.7 right now from Softpedia.