Freeciv, a free turn-based multiplayer strategy game, in which each player becomes the leader of a civilization, is now at version 2.4.0.Freeciv 2.4.0 is inspired by Civilization I and II from MicroProse and gamers should find this title quite familiar, since one aim is to have optional modes (called rulesets) with compatible rules.
Highlights of Freeciv 2.4.0:
• The maximum theoretical map size has been increased from 128,000 to 2,048,000 tiles;
• The maximum linear map dimension has increased from 512 to 32,768;
• A couple of new server settings have been added to customize gameplay;
• The colors used to represent different terrain types on the minimap have been reworked;
• The orientation of units is now tracked.
Check out the complete changelog for all the updates and fixes introduced in this new version. Download Freeciv 2.4.0 right now from Softpedia.