FreeType, a freely available software library to render fonts that are written in C, designed to be small, efficient, highly customizable, and portable while capable of producing high-quality output (glyph images) of most vector and bitmap font formats, is now at version 2.4.12.Highlights of FreeType 2.4.12:
• A new parsing and hinting engine for CFF fonts has been implemented. Both Adobe and Google have contributed on this project;
• The demo programs, especially ftview and ftdiff, have been improved;
• Using the 'H' key, it is now possible to select the CFF engine in both 'ftview' and 'ftdiff';
• The new command line option '-H' for 'ftbench' selects the Adobe CFF engine;
• The new command line option '-v' now shows the version, for all the demo tools.
Check out the official changelog for a complete list of fixes and new features.
Download FreeType 2.4.12 right now from Softpedia.