A lot of changes and new features have been added in this version
FreeNAS, a free implementation of a minimal FreeBSD distribution, has just reached version 9.1.0.FreeNAS 9.1.0 has introduced a large number of functional changes in comparison with the 8.x branch.
Highlights of FreeNAS 9.1.0:
• The Volume manager has been improved;
• The ZFS filesystem has received a large number of changes, including feature flags,
• TRIM support, enhanced drive removal notification, LZ4 compression, improved ARC memory reclamation, and reliability improvements;
• The plugin Jail subsystem has been improved;
• Various documentation enhancements have been implemented;
• The base image size has been increased to 3.7GB;
• Backward compatibility of FreeNAS 9.1 ZFS pools with older versions of ZFS is not to be expected;
• Various bug fixes have been added.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download FreeNAS 9.1.0 right now from Softpedia.