A lot of changes and new features have been implemented in the latest version
FreeNAS, a free implementation of a minimal FreeBSD distribution, has just reached version 9.1.0 RC2.FreeNAS 9.1.0 RC2 has introduced a large number of functional changes in comparison with the 8.x branch.
Highlights of FreeNAS 9.1.0 RC2:
• The distribution has been synced with version 9.1-STABLE of FreeBSD;
• The ZFS filesystem has received various improvements, including TRIM support, enhanced drive removal notification, LZ4 compression, and much more;
• A new plugin management interface has been implemented;
• The Jail subsystem has been improved;
• The Volume manager has been improved;
• Various documentation enhancements have been implemented.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download FreeNAS 9.1.0 RC2 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.