FreeNAS, a free implementation of a minimal FreeBSD distribution, has just reached version 9.1.0 RC1.
FreeNAS 9.1.0 RC1 has introduced a large number of functional changes in comparison with the 8.x branch.
Highlights of FreeNAS 9.1.0 RC1:
• Performance improvements, bug fixes, and updated software packages have been implemented;
• The ZFS filesystem has received a number of improvements;
• TRIM support has been added;
• The Plugin Jail subsystem has been added;
• The Volume manager has been enhanced;
• Improvements have been implemented to the encryption subsystem.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download FreeNAS 9.1.0 RC1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.