FreeNAS, a free implementation of a minimal FreeBSD distribution, has just reached version 8.3.1 Beta 3.
FreeNAS 8.3.1 Beta 3 has introduced a large number of functional changes in comparison with the 8.0.x branch.
Highlights of FreeNAS 8.3.1 Beta 3:
• Additional AD fields have been added in order to allow finer grained control of the AD integration via the GUI;
• dojo has been updated to version 1.8.3;
• The Transmission plugin has been updated to version 2.76;
• Sort snapshots by bytes are now used instead of the string comparison;
• The isci driver for intel C60 SAS HBAs has been added;
• ZFS ARC stats have been added to top(1);
• Samba is now at version 3.6.12.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download FreeNAS 8.3.1 Beta 3 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.