The latest version of FreeNAS can be downloaded from Softpedia
FreeNAS, a free implementation of a minimal FreeBSD distribution, has just reached version 8.3.1 Beta 2.FreeNAS 8.3.1 Beta 2 has introduced a large number of functional changes in comparison with the 8.0.x branch.
Highlights of FreeNAS 8.3.1 Beta 2:
• A feature to initialize disks with random data has been added;
• The iconv option has been added to rsync;
• A bug that was preventing multiple destination address for SMART from working has been fixed;
• Create an empty /var/db/pkg to silence warnings from the SNMP service;
• Disable the ZFS encryption option when extending a volume. The system will automatically match the encryption state of the existing pool.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download FreeNAS 8.3.1 Beta 2 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.