The latest version of FreeNAS can be downloaded from Softpedia
FreeNAS, a free implementation of a minimal FreeBSD distribution, has just reached version 8.3.0 RC1.FreeNAS 8.3.0 RC1 has introduced a large number of functional changes in comparison with the 8.0.x branch.
Highlights of FreeNAS 8.3.0 RC1:
• zle has been added as a ZFS compression option;
• Bump maximum upload size for installing PBIs;
• A bandwidth cap to snapshot replication has been added;
• If a GUI upgrade fails due to failing a pre-upgrade check a reason;
• New pools have been created with the autoexpand property set;
• Transmission has been updated to version 2.61.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download FreeNAS 8.3.0 RC1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.