Users can now download the latest version of FreeNAS right from Softpedia
FreeNAS, a free implementation of a minimal FreeBSD distribution, has just reached version 8.3.0 Beta 3.FreeNAS 8.3.0 Beta 3 has introduced a large number of functional changes in comparison with the 8.0.x branch.
Highlights of FreeNAS 8.3.0 Beta 3:
· Support for setting the serial port speed in the GUI has been added;
· Webshell has been switched to POST, allowing for the use of the django CSRF protection;
· Read/write/checksum errors to volume status has been added;
· CSRF protection that was being skipped in the whole GUI, has been fixed;
· Nonroot NFS mounts and the ability to specify a listen address for NFS are now allowed;
· Transmission has been updated to version 2.61.
A complete changelog can be found in the official announcement.
Download FreeNAS 8.3.0 Beta 3 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.