Steam for Linux has been in the Beta stages for some time now, but Valve has released the final version of this branch, along with a large number of promotions.
The Steam client for the Linux platform has spent several months in development and a lot of changes made it in the finale version that was officially released.
Highlights of Steam for Linux:
• Official support for Linux has been added;
• You can now send messages to users who are offline. They will receive the message when they next log in;
• A caps lock warning indicator has been added to the login dialog password textbox;
• Several issues with scroll bars in the store and community views have been fixed;
• Left/right navigation of game related sections has been fixed the in-game overlay.
Check the official announcement for more details about this important release.
Download Steam for Linux installer 18.104.22.168 right now from Softpedia.