NxFilter, a freeware DNS filtering software that can be used to filter and monitor Internet activity in a network, is now at version 1.7.4.
The NxFilter 1.7.4 tool is also capable of detecting and blocking malware and botnet based on DNS packet inspection.
The application also uses the local DNS cache to accelerate the Internet speed, load-balancing, Active Directory integration, phishing protection, just to mention a few of its features.
Highlights of NxFilter 1.7.4:
• The IE and Chrome compatibility has been enhanced for HR tag color;
• A binding error for UDP 53 port has been fixed;
• The zone-transfer interval has been adjusted to 5 seconds;
• The DDNS update message is now bypassed for the Active Directory;
• A “file not close” bug has been fixed on Logging > request.