The GNOME developers behind the Nautilus project (now known as Files) have announced that version 3.12 Beta 1 is now available for download.
Nautilus may have changed its name to Files, but it will take a long time for people to get used to it. The latest version comes with a lots of fixes.
Highlights of Files (Nautilus) 3.12 Beta 1:
• The tab label is now being updated on removals or renames;
• The minimum size requisition for Nautilus windows has been fixed;
• Remote mounts are no longer being detected as removed;
• High CPU usage that occurred when searching with criteria has been fixed;
• A crash that occurred when selecting an unsupported custom image has been fixed.
Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.